Java / AWS/ Microservices Developer
Location: Tampa, FL.
Duration: 30 months+
Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder Only
experience in migrating C / Java code using DB2/Informix/Oracle Database to AWS
PostgreSQL compatible code/DB”.
-Domain based design / micro-services development on cloud computing platform like AWS is mandatory.
Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software apps
- Uses coding methods in specific programming languages to initiate or enhance program execution and functionality
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions
- Perform project management of estimating, scheduling, and monitoring tasks
- Performs expert-level engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer hardware, firmware, embedded systems, and/or operating systems
- Develop, maintain, and report intranet metrics
- Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments
- Manage, administer, and maintain all internet and intranet sites
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures - Monitor program execution for expected performance Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 8 to10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
Well versed with agile software delivery process using JIRA (including breaking down work into modular tasks, updating/tracking task status/work log entries for sprint management), STASH/GIT (source code management including branching strategy, code review), JENKINS (automated builds, automated unit test cases, sonarqube analysis) and ANSIBLE (auto deployment using zero down time application deployment techniques). Domain based design / micro-services development on cloud computing platform like AWS is mandatory.
8+ years of application software development experience using:
* Java/J2EE programming experience including Servlets, Hibernate, etc.
* Designing and developing 2/3-tier application with Oracle RDBMS
* Application servers like Weblogic and Web containers like Tomcat
* XML, JSON, Web Services, and Web applications
* PL/SQL, packages, procedures and functions
* Working knowledge of Perl or shell scripting
* Ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach